You may feel that a lipstick stain on a clean white mug after having coffee at a café is sexy, but truth be told, it’s only so when in movies. In real life, no one appreciates a leftover lipstick residue, and that is a common woe that all lipstick lovers face.
Generally, lipsticks that don’t have matte finishes — such as lip glosses, lipsticks with sheen and satin finishes — are not transfer-proof. That effectively means that as long as your lips are in contact with another surface, you’re gonna leave a stain. Not pretty!
Plus, that is also a sign that product has come off your lip, and you’ll need to spend time reapplying it. To some, that might actually be a waste of time and product. But not everyone likes the harsh look of a matte lippie; there are people who prefer the dewy, pouty look that glosses give.
So, what if we told you that… there is a product that will make all non-matte finish lipstick transfer-proof?
Enter Kosé Japan’s Lip Gel Magic, a translucid gel that coats your lipstick and will keep your lip product from staining. It’s almost magical I must say, and yes, thank you Japan for once again blessing us with innovation and ingenuity.
HOW TO USE
*A word of caution: after application, this product will leave your lipstick with a sheen that is very much like applying a gloss over. So if you are going for a matte finish, do not use this product!*
The lip gel is pretty much self-explanatory.
1. First, you’ll have to apply your lipstick as per normal.
2. After that, shake the container of the lip gel. This is to ensure that the product is evenly mixed throughout so that a semi-translucent gel will be produced.
3. Squeeze out an amount of the lip gel that’s about the size of a grain of rice onto your finger. Do not spread it around your fingers; leave the gel in the little spherical form like how it was squeezed out.
4. Starting with the inner corners of your lip, go ahead and spread the gel to the other end of your lip. Focus mainly on the inner areas of the lip that are more likely to come off while eating and drinking.
5. Just one swipe each on the top and bottom lip is enough. There is no need to ‘massage’ the product into your lipstick, for it is supposed to be a protective layer coating your lipstick.
And that’s it! Now you can go about your day, and wine and dine as you please without fearing that your lipstick might smudge or stain.
Simply use your makeup remover cleanser and gently wipe away the product at the end of your day. The product and lipstick will come off together easily.
The lip gel also promises to enhance and brighten your lipstick shades, making them look more intense and vibrant. You can use it on any lipstick colour of your choice.
It is also fragrance and colour-free, so you don’t have to worry about smelling something on your lips throughout the day, or fear that the gel might alter the colour of your lipstick.
Plus, since it gives the same effect as a lip gloss, I would totally suggest you applying this over your lipstick instead of a lipgloss. This would make for sexy and poutier looking lips!
And the best part is, since you only need a small grain-sized amount for each use, Kosé has estimated that the average person could use the lip gel up to 60 times. A little really does go a long way here~
Each Lip Gel Magic tube costs ¥2,500 (S$33.39).
Check out the review from other instagrammers:
Now, if you’re not going to Japan to get your hands on this miracle product anytime soon, fret not! Simply get a friendly Airfrov traveller to bring them back for you, straight from Japan!